Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Motley Training Crew


It was a GORGEOUS day in Florida today (in the 70's and sunny) and I was suprised to see Leeza awake already when I got home from taking Sean to school.
After a breakfast of the NEW yummy Banana Nut cheerios, I decided it was a good time for a walk-you know, to "train" for the 3 day. Leeza had decided that her doll needed a bath (in Miles water dish) so she came along too because I thought maybe the sun would dry her out.








So, "baby" kept Leeza entertained,(she talked her ear off the entire walk) and off we went around "the hood".
I am SO VERY talented that I can not only walk "baby", Leeza, and Miles, but I can also take pictures, email them out,write a chant,and email them to my team, WHILE WALKING AT THE SAME TIME. It's too bad that no one pays for me very vast talents, because then I would be a total zillionaire and I could fly us all together to do our training walks.

Here are a pair of my "oh so fun" "Fit Flops" (please ignore my horrendous pedicure, it's been over a month since I had one) that SUPPOSEDLY tone your legs while you walk. I just wear them cuz they are super comfy for those of with the "inflexible big toe" issue, and plantar fascitis, and if I can get toned in the process..than I am ONE LUCKY LADY INDEED. I still remember very well my extreme foot pain at the end of day one of the Tampa Bay 3 day walk in 2005, so I am hoping that wearing Fit Flops may help that. Plus, I swear I have seen them in pink patent leather, and that would be a FABULOUS thing.



Interestingly enough, I heard the advertisement for the Tampa Bay 3 day three times on the radio today. :)

I will close with the chant I came up with while walking with my crew today. I think "baby" helped motivate me, cuz she kept looking at me...kinda creepy...

Chant number 1:

We're the KaZ mamas yes we are
To find our kids we traveled far

Determination and strength are no strangers to us
60 miles for a cure's no reason to fuss

We love boobs oh yes we do
We won't stop til cancers thru

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Susan, you don't waste a moment getting down to business! I wish I could multi-task as well as you. I totally dig the sparkly fit flops -- tres chic! Thanks for sharing the fun photos and all your great ideas. You will put a pep in our step for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan for your great post! I am waiting for Tougy to wake up so we can go for a walk at the Y this afternoon. I'm looking forward to warmer weather up here in Maine so we can get outside and do some walking like you and your buddies.

    I was hoping to try on some of the Fit Flops, but the only store in Maine that carries them won't have the sandals until the weather warms up some more. : ) Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got out for a couple mile walk today with Ellie leading and Rustam on my back. We walked up a giant hill and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Is that a good start? Good thing I am starting now. Glad to see that you all are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, i need a pic of that...Rustam getting a piggy back ride.

    Hey Sara..is this a hilly walk? Florida is like, WAY FLAT, so let me know if I need some hill training. :) We have some big ass bridges that I used for hilly marathon training that i can go revisit if necessary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI..I did the fit flop thing in last year's walk but they did not work well for me.

    HOWEVER,for a week after the walk they were the only shoe I could fit in!

    ReplyDelete