Monday, February 9, 2009

One woman's idea blossoms...

This blog will be a place where a growing group of women will record their thoughts as they fundraise, support one another and put in many, many miles in preparation for the Susan Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk.  

Who we are:  a group of moms who know each other through the bond of adoption.  We all met through the wonderful world of adoption and blogs as we each had our own unique, yet unifying journey to grow our families through the adoption of our children from the country of Kazakhstan.  

What we are doing:  The Susan Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk.  We will walk together, 20 miles a day, 3 days in a row for total of 60 miles.  

Where we will walk:  Phoenix, Arizona

Why we are doing this:  We are walking together for many reasons.  We are women, daughters, mothers, wives and friends and each of us are at risk for breast cancer.  We have also known women dear to us who have been personally affected by this disease.  Like so many women before us and like many who will follow, we want to help in the fight against breast cancer.  In order to participate in the walk we must raise at least $2,300.00 each, however, we would love to blow the ceiling off of the targeted fundraising goal.  Together, we can do more to help find a cure.

When this will happen:  November 13-15, 2009

Each of the Kaz Mamas will have the capacity to post thoughts, hopes and fears on this blog.  Each of YOU will have the opportunity to comment and support this wonderful group of women along the way, if you so choose.  There will be good days and rough days as we work to fit walks in with family obligations, work and life.  Please follow along as we rack up the miles, one day at a time. 

We figure, if we can travel 6496 miles for our children, then walking 60 miles for a cure will be no problem

 

7 comments:

  1. I'm feeling the love. Rock on with our bad selves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Awesome blog. I am really excited about this! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it....and, as Sean says our slogan should be..."Kaz Mom's love boobs"

    Leeza just says..why do you always yell at me for giving Miles my cheerios?
    I think I will take Leeza and Miles for a walk RIGHT now to commerate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I traveled 6496 miles to find my children and I lost my mother when I was 19 because of breast cancer. Kaz Mamas, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am finally catching up on everything now that I am back from Marshall's bday weekend. This blog rocks. I will be posting soon!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make a button, I will post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete